Sherif Mustafa is an Assistant Vice President at a leading financial institution in Dubai. He has more than twenty years experience on the Retail side of Islamic Banking and a deep bench of expertise in Shariah auditing and compliance.
Sherif Mustafa is Known for assembling the framework of Shariah audit functions and providing assurance to senior management on the effectiveness of business and operational units in complying with relevant policies, procedures, regulatory authorities, Shariah Supervisory Board directives, AAOIFI Shariah standards and international best practices.
Sherif is actively contributing in writing articles related to Islamic Banking industry through various Global magazines and newspapers such as Islamic Banking and Finance Magazine (UK), and Business Islamica (Dubai.)
As part of Sherif’s ongoing commitment to expanding his knowledge, he has pursued various certifications and trainings including:
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), IIA
- Certified Shariah Advisor and Auditor, (CSAA), AAOIFI
- Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ), CISI
- Certified Islamic Finance Executive (CIFE), Ethica
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Program
- Member of IIA and AAOIFI
Over the course of his career Sherif has developed his acumen on Islamic finance and developed a wide variety of trainings including:
- Developed Online training programs in Shariah compliance, Retail Banking Products, and Inbound/outbound scripts for one of the biggest online distance learning centers in the U.S.
- Developed comprehensive Islamic training materials on Islamic retail products and Islamic finance qualification (IFQ) for one of the biggest local banks in the UAE.
- Developed a risk-based compliance program for Stock selection, monitoring and purification process for one of the biggest brokerage firms in the UAE.
- Worked with a team of professional bankers and lawyers from the UK and Malaysia in the development of plan for transforming a conventional bank to full-fledged Islamic bank.
- Assisted auditors with little to no Islamic banking auditing experience in successfully conducting Audit for Islamic products in accordance with Shariah law and auditing standards.
In addition, he has a deep expertise in Islamic Business conducted market research for Retail Banking products and proposed Market Segmentation strategy based on consumer behaviors and religious beliefs for effective segments targeting.
Sherif enjoys working with product, portfolio product development and marketing managers, showing them how to perform market segmentation analysis, create the right value proposition, and diversify various income streams – for Islamic window, full-fledged Islamic bank or independent finance companies.
I adore helping needy people and providing support to orphans, children’s cancer and heart foundations. I have certain values and principles which I believe in life and can’t override them under any circumstances.
Sherif has an outstanding leadership skills and very successful team leader. Prior joining audit, he managed a team of 20 Call center representatives and delivered an annual Sales worth AED 250+ Million for 3 consecutive years.
Sherif Mustafa received a Bachelor or Commerce from Alexandria University.
Connect with Sherif Mustafa via LinkedIn and get connected to thousands of professional people worldwide like you.